The tradition of couples “locking their love” on bridges became popular in 2006 when the protagonists of the novel Ho Voglia Di Ti (I Want You) sealed their love to Rome’s Milvian Bridge. Here in Santiago you and your partner can also participate in the tradition by locking your love forever to the pedestrian bridge that stretches over the Mapocho River between Metro Salvador and Baquedano. You can also find street vendors near the area selling padlocks and keys so you can spontaneously bond your love in the heart of Santiago whenever the moment arises.
Photo Gallery: Locks of Love
Other articles you might enjoy
- Good times with Chile's Niña con Frenillos
- Van Gogh Comes Alive in Chile
- Once Upon a Time in a Bookshop
- Exploring Santiago's Artistic Landscape with URBN STGO
- Steer Clear of Restaurant Casona Limeña
- Beats Collective: An Underground Live Project
- Fiesta Star Party with 'Glucosa'
- Ambience On Tap At Bar Dos