You would think that things might settle down in the capital following last weekend's choripan/bbq/asado/chicha/terremoto celebratory madness, but you'd be dead wrong. There are a ton of things happening in the city this weekend.
Photo by Michael Puchi, Courtesy CEAT
- Horregias: Is there anything better than an all-female punk rock band performing at one of our favorite venues in Bellavista? No. Go check out Horregias. https://www.facebook.com/events/505139419622036
- Cicletas porque si: Shed some of the choripans around your waist with a 24 km bike ride starting from Plaza Italia!
- Angelo Pierattini: One of our all-time favorite Chilean musicians is playing at Bar Catedral. Get there before 10:30pm for free entry!
- Fonda Leguleya 2014: Wrap up the fondas with a benefit party organized by Universidad de Chile's law school.
- Kasa Ecolety: A couple events going on at Ecolety near Metro Bellas Artes - exhibit at 7pm and music at 8pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/778779782185648 and https://www.facebook.com/events/549051911887064
- Sesiones de Música en CEAT: Live music at an experimental art center. https://www.facebook.com/events/1505944672976809
- Ana Tijoux: Famed, Grammy-nominated Chilean artist Ana Tijoux performs live. Also featuring Kinética, a DJ set by Matanza and more. https://www.facebook.com/events/515628861905496
- Mil Guitarras para Víctor Jara: Everyone and their mother is going to be at the General Cemetery Saturday. https://www.facebook.com/events/1431526297110701
- JAMalón: Improvisational music and dance starts at 1pm.
- Cien mil poetas por el Cambio: Emerging poets will be sharing their texts in Ñuñoa. https://www.facebook.com/events/297774923758522
- Ciclo Fisura: Get local, meet up-and-coming musicians. Emerging Chilean bands performing in downtown Santiago. https://www.facebook.com/events/703686899706261
- Retro Dance Party: Retro hits dance party in Las Condes. Dance party in Las Condes? Anyway use the list and first 200 people before 12:30 get in free. https://www.facebook.com/events/948522345173593
- I LOVE NY : Indie dance party in Bellavista at the Opium Bar. https://www.facebook.com/events/303544079836956
- Festival Equinoccio: Vitacura is taking part in a global cultural event from Sep 27 to Oct 2. Paintings, sculptures, video installations, etc.
- Realidad Paralela: Our friends at Realidad Paralela are offering up another edition of their popular women-oriented festivities (read: lesbian-friendly party). Check it! https://www.facebook.com/events/1446243985615855/
-Dia de la musica: A ton of live music in three neighborhoods in Santiago starting at noon. https://es-la.facebook.com/diadelamusicachile
-El Galponcito: Meet new people through music and photography starting at 3pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/1522664397951422
-HAFLA PRIMAVERAL: Celebrating the arrival of spring, people will be gathering at the park for some music and dance. https://www.facebook.com/events/692838350803435
-Parque Forestal: And of course nothing beats a Sunday afternoon hanging out at Parque Forestal.. nothing except for some live acoustic music: https://www.facebook.com/events/783702468347897
And remember to check out our agenda for a list of events happening every day in Santiago: http://www.santiagomagazine.cl/agenda.html
Did we miss anything? Let us know!