This week we've lined up Chilean drum n bass, a goth party, African tribal fusion, Alice in Wonderland choreography, rockabilly, a photo expo, Jamaican ska, and a costume party to top it off. Crazy. You can even learn (for free) how to craft a book using recycled cardboard! And for those of you that picked that Gustock event in Las Condes over Mil Tambores in Valpo last weekend... ouch. There's always next year though :-)
Remember every Friday morning we'll post our picks for the weekend and please check this space often as we may update it with changes and/or new events that pop up. Enjoy!
Photo courtesy Centro de Extensión Artística y Cultural de la Universidad de Chile
- Mambo Solidario: Cumbia and more Friday night at this fundraising event for an individual diagnosed with cancer. A definite party featuring La Combo Tortuga, La Teruka, Olguita Marina and more - and all for a good cause.
- Expo Foto: Amateur and professional photographers will be flocking to this event at Estacion Mapocho throughout the weekend.
- Los Bandoleros: Rockabilly Country Folk Blues. Oh yeah. This should definitely be fun. https://www.facebook.com/events/1485951368356599
- Dark Dance: The goth/industrial set comes out to party at these events. Just try to avoid bumping into anyone looking especially scary.
- Hola Chao: Not exactly sure the reasoning behind a costume party on the 10th of October but who really cares about reasons? It's a costume party! https://www.facebook.com/events/617435991707698
- Realidad Paralela: Our favorite lesbian-friendly party is at it again but this time in Vitacura. https://www.facebook.com/events/675982382439699
- Baobab: African fusion group Baobab launches their second disc in Las Condes. https://www.facebook.com/events/292631430937248
- Leonidas y Jorge Mercado: Live music at Kasa Ecolety, a venue that also focuses on fair-trade crafts and goods made by locals.
- JUANTXO SKALARI: La Batuta is hosting this show by the founder of Spanish ska outfit SKALARIAK.
- Alicia: Last chance to catch Alicia - French choreographer Mathieu Guilhaumon's take on Alice in Wonderland. https://www.facebook.com/events/599818406802568
- Encuentro de Editoriales Cartoneras: Organizations that promote reading through the creation of books using recycled cardboard (for the covers). Worth checking out and you can even take a workshop on how to create your own cardboard books.
- Casa Guacolda: The house in Ñuñoa is featuring live music again this time with Los Fergusongs. Starts at 7pm so check it out before heading elsewhere for the night.
- Homenaje a los Pueblos Originarios: Community event in Plaza Brasil featuring performances and a street fair with the theme, 'tribute to the indigenous peoples.'
- Bass Invaders: Did you even know there was a Chilean drum and bass scene? Tsk tsk. https://www.facebook.com/events/746789715373262
- I Love Miami Bitch: Dance party that's pretty out there- everything from hip-hop to electropop.. and it's at the Banana House!
- Analog Madness: Indie dance party featuring Safari (http://www.soundcloud.com/s-a-f-a-r-i) at one of our favorite venues.
- SantoMambo: Hip hop courtesy Tiro de Gracia, one of Chile's longest-lasting and well-known hip hop outfits. https://www.facebook.com/events/287767741427483
- Salsa a la Primavera: Heads up, salsa lovers - event over at the GAM featuring classes, workshops, demonstrations, etc.
- Gepe: Chilean artist (and apparently heartthrob to many a young Chilean girl) Gepe is performing at the Teatro Caupolicán.
- Ultra Music Festival: And last but not least (unless you're sick and tired of EDM festivals), Ultra Chile kicks off on Saturday.
- Expofoto: Last chance to check out ExpoFoto which focuses on both the industry and art of photography. https://www.facebook.com/events/521689831269559
- A Film About Coffee: Yup, it's a film.. about... coffee. But hey the trailer looks good and there are some cafes participating so at least you get to check out a few different blends. https://www.facebook.com/events/558944320902058
- Bazart UC: Crazy opportunity to pick up some contemporary art by Chilean artists. Free entry. https://www.facebook.com/events/527128057421947
- Ultra Music Festival: Second day of Santiago's edition of the EDM fest that started out in Miami in 1999. https://www.facebook.com/UltraChileOficial
- Bazar Alternativo: Gourmet, fashion, accessories, etc over in Vitacura. Free entry. https://www.facebook.com/events/1483735631895545
- Skatalites: Just in case your Sundays aren't complete without a touch of ska with a Jamaican flavor. https://www.facebook.com/events/318845364943070
And remember to check out our agenda for a list of events happening every day in Santiago: http://www.santiagomagazine.cl/agenda.html
Did we miss anything? Let us know!