If you've decided to stay in Santiago this weekend instead of heading over to Valpo for Mil Tambores, fear not- we have you covered. We have a solid selection lined up with everything from circus acts, to cumbia parties, to a vegan food fair(!)
Remember every Friday morning we'll post our picks for the weekend and please check this space often as we may update it with changes and/or new events that pop up. Enjoy!
Photo courtesy Miss Garrison
- La Guacha: We can proudly say we've been fans of La Guacha from the beginning. Check them out as they launch their new video.
- Feria Ch.ACO: A major contemporary art fair showcasing galleries, national and international artists kicks off Friday and will run through Sunday at Estacion Mapocho.
- The Ganjas: If you're reading this, tickets have probably already sold out. Sorry! Next time check our agenda more often :P
- Miss Garrison: Highly talented electro-punk band that puts on quite a show. If you're looking for an experimental, awesome sound to tell your friends about, this is it.
- The Power of Metal: For the true metalheads. Benefit show at an authentic Chilean metal bar. https://www.facebook.com/events/1551258655108951
- Feria Santiago Independiente: Check out local designers at one of the more popular independent fashion/art fairs. https://www.facebook.com/events/896606777018642
- A+ Label: Chilean electronic music label A+ is putting on a show at Matucana 100. Check out samples of the music: http://www.mixcloud.com/AMASLABEL/
- Casa Guacolda: Start your night a little early and check out live music by Traigan Romero in Casa Guacolda's patio in Ñuñoa.
- Fiesta Oliver: And of course no Friday night in Santiago is complete without a pop/hits dance party. Here you go. https://www.facebook.com/events/1439847806260783
- Alicia: The Ballet Nacional Chileno (BANCH) is presenting Alice- by French choreographer Mathieu Guilhaumon and based on Alice in Wonderland. This is right off Metro Baquedano and for $3.000! Oct 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11.
- Feria Vegourmet: A vegan food fair! Yes! Vegans tend to suffer a bit in Santiago, but there is hope. https://www.facebook.com/events/506589206142183
- La Madriguera: Into drawings and illustrations? Check out the "Feria del Dibujo" Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 8pm at Estudio Marmota (Portugal 517). Free!
- Denise Rosenthal: Want to know where all those pop-loving Chilean kids party till 6 in the morn? At Blondie. Denise Rosenthal will be performing live and she's actually pretty good (if uhhh you're into pop music).
- Cannabis Bike Ride: Pretty self-explanatory. Meeting at Parque Balmaceda (Metro Salvador). https://www.facebook.com/events/453514304745898
- Mambo en 4: Strictly for the rowdy, this is definitely going to be a party. You'll sweat, you'll dance, you'll probably end up losing a shoe.
- Feria Delirio Vintage: Vintage fair at a really cool venue near the Santa Isabel Metro.
- Fiskales Ad Hok: A night of Chilean punk/ska/surfer/psychadelic rock featuring Fiskales Ad Hok, Surfin Caramba, and Monjas con atraso
- Gustock Primavera 2014: "Picnic Revolution" - a family-friendly event over at Parque Araucano featuring vendors, activities for children and live music by Carito Plaza and Pascuala Ilabaca. https://www.facebook.com/events/782114115185396
- Feria de los Cachivaches de América: If it's not raining, drop by Barrio Yungay for this street fair featuring local artisans, herbal medicine vendors, workshops, etc.
- Cine a luca: Enjoy Sunday with some cinema. Cine Normandie will be showing a collection of short films... for a luca!
- Banda Conmocion: The party machine will be launching their latest record at Teatro Nescafe. https://www.facebook.com/events/1520527511511384
- A.K.A. THE MICS TAPE: Launch party for La Akademia. Hardcore Chilean rhymes, beats, hip hop starting at 3pm.
- Cuerdo: Sunday's your last chance to catch an awesome performance by Karl Stets (Denmark) at the GAM. Make it an all-day event by checking out the other circus-related activities taking place at the venue.
- Gustock Primavera: Ok we recommended this on Saturday but it was honestly disappointing and not very Woodstock-ish. A bit of a drag but at least there's live music by Sabine Odone and Fernando Milagros.
- Corrida por la vida: The weather is going to be fantastic. Go outside, check out Parque Forestal, go hiking, bike up Cerro San Cristobal or sign up (by Saturday) to run on Sunday in support of the fight against breast cancer.
And remember to check out our agenda for a list of events happening every day in Santiago: http://www.santiagomagazine.cl/agenda.html
Did we miss anything? Let us know!