Take one look at the agenda and it's pretty clear Halloween has completely taken over the city. Is that really a good thing? We're not exactly sure, but we're still going to hook you up with our best bets (plus non-Halloween options). We also know there are several "Best Halloween Parties" lists out there, so just a quick word of advice: look carefully at the event details- some are at strip clubs. Do NOT go to a Halloween party at a strip club. DO NOT. Now read on.
Remember every Friday morning we'll post our picks for the weekend and please check this space often as we may update it with changes and/or new events that pop up. Enjoy!
Photo courtesy La Mano Ajena
- Open Blondie: This is the big one. Blondie has been putting on massive Halloween parties for years now and this is a sure bet if you're looking for one major event. They're calling it the biggest Halloween party in the city and we don't doubt it (9 dance zones). https://www.facebook.com/events/346238582193992
- American Horror Party: Halloween party at the Banana House in Bellavista. Darkwave/Electroclash/Horror DJ sets and assorted madness. https://www.facebook.com/events/363783197110335
- BlueRose: Lesbian-friendly Halloween party in Vitacura. Ladies-only. https://www.facebook.com/events/770047283062688
- Banda Conmoción, Santa Feria y Moral Distraída: Forget Halloween. This is a Fiesta de los Muertos featuring full-blown party bands all night long. https://www.facebook.com/events/270710269805199
- Besatón Pro Matrimonio Igualitario: Apparently there's a "March for Jesus" event at Plaza Italia so the idea is to have same-sex couples having a kiss-a-thon to promote same-sex marriage. https://www.facebook.com/events/1541124276123130
- Feria Baquedano: Independent designers will set up shop at the Casa Observatorio in the Lastarria neighborhood. https://www.facebook.com/events/297368720462656
- Daniel Miranda Trío: The trio performs new material at the Thelonious jazz bar. https://www.facebook.com/events/1485235031739657
- Workshop Muralismo: International muralists will be at the Casa Materia Prima through Nov 2. https://www.facebook.com/events/859526284058474
- Dead Clan Dance: Halloween DJ dance party at El Clan with prizes for the best costumes. https://www.facebook.com/events/372822346205570
- Gran Fiesta Halloween Bal-le-duc: Another alternative Halloween dance party. New wave/Dark wave/ThrillerDisco RetroPop.
- Fiesta del Terror Matucana 100: Chilean headliners Guachupé and Chancho en Piedra will be performing along with Los Autenticos Decadentes from Argentina. A Halloween dance party follows. https://www.facebook.com/events/291699684373433
- 10º ANTIJALOGÜEN: That's pronounced, "anti-Halloween." It's a cueca party! https://www.facebook.com/events/391046807716069
- Carito Plaza y Keko Yoma: NuSoul courtesy Carito Plaza and rock by Keko Yoma in Barrio Yungay. https://www.facebook.com/events/1505459066396050
- Amanda Halloween: We're hoping the Vitacura set can loosen up a bit and party hard if they're wearing costumes. https://www.facebook.com/events/777617818950895
- Fiestocata Kasa Ecolety: Costume not required. Live music by Las Uevosh, Amarga Marga, and Tré with a dance party to follow.
- Parties4Peace Halloween: A pro-peace group is hosting a fundraising Halloween party in Las Condes. We have our doubts but at least it's for a good cause. https://www.facebook.com/events/729629333782461
- Noche de Brujas en el Secreto: Family-friendly Halloween event running most of the day. https://www.facebook.com/events/763083657064265
- Pascuala Ilabaca: The musician will be performing at the Teatro Municipal de Las Condes. http://www.tmlascondes.cl/funciones/2014_10_jovenes/index_pascuala.php
- Aniversario Bar Santa Filomena: Anniversary party featuring Santiago Rebelde, Patocarlos, Addis Ababa. https://www.facebook.com/events/925227880840533
- Seminario de Malabares: Seminar on juggling and object-manipulation. Registration required. https://www.facebook.com/events/1476958995905454
- Tunacola: The "pop hop" outfit will be performing at Onaciu in Bellavista. https://www.facebook.com/events/988014451214020
- ClubSauna Aniversario II: Alternative party featuring Fredi Michel, Vicente Sanfuentes, Roman and Andrea Paz.
- La Roma Halloween: La Roma's back with Villa Diamante, El G and El Remolón (ZZK Records, Argentina), along with Cholita Sound (Chile). Check out Cholita Sound! Quite interesting.. https://www.facebook.com/events/845810552107582
- PEEKABOO @Cine Arte: Horror, Terror, Sci-fi short films at Cine Arte Normandie for a luca (if you sign up on the FB event). Showtimes at 5pm and 7:30pm. https://www.facebook.com/events/284604688401233
- California Cantina's Halloween Party: California Cantina is hosting their Halloween party at Ex-Oz in Bellavista. https://www.facebook.com/events/1562833793938017
- Rocky Horror Halloween: The Shamrock is going with a Rocky Horror Picture Show theme this year. https://www.facebook.com/events/1893152027490758
- Habemus Halloween: Flannery´s Irish Pub's Halloween party.
- Halloween Pub Crawl Relaunch Party: The Santiago Pub Crawl is back. https://www.facebook.com/events/1622744331285948
- FILSA: You can still catch the International Book Fair this weekend at the Centro Cultural Mapocho. Ton of associated events- readings, book discussions, exhibitions, storytelling for kids, live music, and more. Link to the full program on the event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/298658843665778
- Cine de la diversidad sexual: Final weekend for the sexual diversity film festival. Free films! http://www.facebook.com/events/316170745223181
- La Mano Ajena: Looking for a dose of fun, energetic gypsy music to jump around to? Check out La Mano Ajena at El Clan Saturday night.
- Pedro Piedra: The Chilean musician/producer will be performing at the Teatro Municipal de Las Condes.
- de Ruts and Gigiconba: MiBar in Barrio Italia will be hosting these two groups definitely worth checking out. Jazz Manouche and contrabass. https://www.facebook.com/events/1500582576876825
- Tiro de Gracia and Shamanes Crew: Chilean hip-hop and dancehall music with a party to follow. https://www.facebook.com/events/515073698628493
- Feria de la cripta: Crypt fair. A fair featuring a number of local illustrators and fanzines. Dress up - they're promising treats.
- SUPERNOVA: The popular Chilean pop band will be performing at a party that will feature plenty of Spice Girls; Madonna and Britney Spears hits. https://www.facebook.com/events/1555315088036725
- Bar Uno: If you're done with Halloween and are looking for some loud ass music close to Pio nono - Bar Uno's your spot. https://www.facebook.com/events/552646941534942
- Lollipop Halloween: Blondie's hosting another Halloween event, but this one's for the kids. https://www.facebook.com/events/292054250991495
- Superchango Chango: Superchango will be releasing their first record at La Peña del Nano Parra. La Waila Candela and Kaletamambo will also perform. https://www.facebook.com/events/577364479057392
- Casa Guacolda: Featuring performances by Janu Motta (Uruguay) and Jano Letelier (Chillan). https://www.facebook.com/events/714476525293246
- Feria de todo un poco: "A bit of everything" - check out a variety of creations by 20 exhibitors in Barrio Lastarria. https://www.facebook.com/events/385013404979720
- Konchetucumbia + more: Cumbia, pachanga, mambo, ska party in Bellavista. https://www.facebook.com/events/853295521371734
- Los Tetas: Famed Chilean band Los Tetas will be headlining tonight at Bar Loreto. https://www.facebook.com/events/711292302291181
- International Vegan Day: Drop by Animal Libre to taste some of the vegetarian offerings as they celebrate the International Vegan Day. https://www.facebook.com/events/553470398089401
- Fiesta De Muertos: Tired of the Halloween-extranjero-fueled parties, they're throwing a Party of the Dead at the Banana House.
- Jornada de palin: Palin is a sport played within the Mapuche culture. They're having a set this Saturday at Parque Quinta Normal if you want to check it out. https://www.facebook.com/events/744533855617786
- Carnaval x el Derecho a la Creatividad: Carnival! This one promoting creativity. Is there a better excuse? Live bands, brass, Tinkus, Murga and all sorts of goodness. Don't miss this. https://www.facebook.com/events/325017971031327
- Feria de la cleta: Ciclists! Bike fair at Parque Diego de Almagro - stands, music, accessories, contests, etc. https://www.facebook.com/events/499970663439172
- El Galponcito: Another session of music and art this Sunday at El Galponcito, this time featuring La Fábrica and Tito Yáñez. https://www.facebook.com/events/516306605172436
- Yoga at Plaza Ñuñoa: Take a mat and join the yoga sessions at 11am. Voluntary donation. https://www.facebook.com/events/1503765413211332
- FILSA - Matorral: Sunday's a perfect day to check out the International Book Fair at Estacion Mapocho. If you head over at 7:30pm you can catch Matorral and Bernadita. https://www.facebook.com/events/1481963425426590
- Tirando el verso: Throwing the verse - hip-hop event at Club Ambar featuring KSN FAM, Liricistas and Zonora Point. https://www.facebook.com/events/617288825034997
- Tenemos Explosivos: Postpunk courtesy Tenemos Explosivos (we have explosives). They'll be performing along with En Mi Defensa, Waterglass HC, and Temporal. Afternoon show! https://www.facebook.com/events/876395612372254
- Ciclorecreovia: Every Sunday from 9:00am to 2:00pm several streets within the city close down to allow pedestrians to bike/skate/jog freely. Take advantage! http://www.ciclorecreovia.cl/
- Feria de las pulgas: The organizers of the fair that normally happens on Sundays at Parque Forestal are not going to have it this Sunday as they continue to negotiate with authorities. Here's an alternative for this weekend (hopefully we'll be back at Parque Forestal the following weekend). https://www.facebook.com/events/847521775298424/
And remember to check out our agenda for a list of events happening every day in Santiago: http://www.santiagomagazine.cl/agenda.html
Did we miss anything? Let us know!