We've made it past August! "Pasamos Agosto!" September kicks off all the national celebrations, and we're pumped to get you out exploring the city and having a blast. We've lined up major festivals, food fairs, live music, DJ parties, and just about anything you're possibly looking to do this weekend. Keep an eye on the weather though- it might rain on Sunday.
Remember every Friday we'll post our picks for the weekend and please check this space often as we may update it with changes and/or new events that pop up. Enjoy!
Photo courtesy Ana Tijoux
- Festival de la siembra: This is *the* event for those of you barely making it to the weekend. Revolver-favorite Guachupé teams up with heavyweights like Ana Tijoux, Chico Trujillo and Banda Conmoción at this major pro-cannabis event in Peñalolén's Chimkowe. It's going to be a long, rowdy night, and with the best contemporary reggae, cumbia, rock and hip hop Chile has to offer, you're going to want to get there early. Tickets are CP $10,000 at the door.
- Spring Fest II: DJ's, live music and amusement rides. What? This is taking place over at the Fantasilandia amusement park from 5PM until 11PM and will feature Fernanda Arrau, Andrea Paz, DJ Drummer, live reggae from Movimiento Original and more!
- Divino Burlesque: How about a burlesque show this Friday night? Haven't checked one out yet in Chile? Head over to Teatro de la Aurora on Av. Italia.
- Encuentro de Teatro por la Educación: Final day to catch this special event organized by the FECH (Federación de Estudiantes de la Universidad de Chile). Theater performance followed by a discussion with students, actors, professors, workers, etc. Show starts at 7:30PM and you can pick up a free ticket starting at 3PM.
- La Plaza: Up for checking out some illustrations, photography and poetry? Centro Cultural La Plaza is the spot - just off Plaza Ñuñoa - from 7PM until 10PM.
- Chile Lindo: The Municipalidad de Vitacura is hosting this major 'Chilenidad' fest at the Parque Bicentenario as a build-up to the Independence Day celebrations. This kicks off Friday and will feature a performance by Fernando Milagros at 7PM.
- Literary events: There are several literary events going on this Friday - everything from poetry readings at interesting neighborhood bars to book launches. http://www.facebook.com/events/1112052338809775, http://www.facebook.com/events/892508257496361, http://www.facebook.com/events/426405080886604, and http://www.facebook.com/events/1676444082587029 .
Feria la Repostera // Pastry fair // Casa Piedra
Cicletada #pedaleeyseafeliz // Bike ride! // Plaza Museo Arte Contemporaneo
Mente, cuerpo y alma // Healthy living expo // Estación Mapocho
50 Cuecas de Gray // Cueca USACH
Feria de belleza y bienestar // Beauty fair // Barrio Bellas Artes
Peña Guachaca // Lo Hermida party // Sede 19 El valle
Batallas de Freestyle // Freestyle battles // Parque Bustamante
English on Friday // English meetup // Club Donde Mismo Pub
Paloma Salas // Standup comedy // Vitacura
Semana de la disidencia sexual // Gender and sexuality // UDP
- Even more special events:
Click here for additional special events on Friday
- Alex Anwandter (DJ set): Catchy-as-hell melodies and Anwandter's haunting voice set to dance beats make for a promising show. Long-time collaborator DJ Rodrigo Mendoza joins for a set in Recoleta's Cerro el Centro.
- ¡Gracias Totales!: It's been a year since Soda Stereo's Gustavo Cerati passed away after four years of coma, leaving his legacy as one of the most influential artists in Latin American music. Argentine Singer María Jimena Pereyra helps commemorate his death with a free concert made of ensemble renditions of his best songs at Universidad San Sebastian's Los Leones Campus.
- Panteras Negras, Tiro de Gracia: If you don't know who these two bands, ask a Chilean contemporary musician to name his or her hip hop influences. If you plan to go, make sure you give their hits a listen so you can join in the crowd and singing along to their show at Centro Arte Alameda. Tickets are CP $6,000.
- Limbo Calipso: If you feel like you can't throw a stone without hitting a cumbia-fusion band, this concert will be a breath of fresh air. One of the few salsa orchestra bands on the scene, Limbo Calipso will hit Barrio Brasil's Bar Raices. Bring your dance partner before midnight and you both get in for just CP $5,000.
- Camila Moreno: Revolver-favorite Camila Moreno will be performing live this Friday night at La Batuta. Catch the Latin Grammy-nominated performer as part of Batuta's 26-year anniversary celebration.
Guachupé, Ana Tijoux, Chico Trujillo, Banda Conmoción // see special events
Chorizo Salvaje / Kaletamambo // Cumbia // Bar Santa Filomena
Noche Brasil // // Esquina do Samba
Bix Band & Swingtiago // Jazz, swing, lindy hop // Club de Jazz de Santiago
Garcia Calor, Villa Cariño // Cumbia party // Fonda Permanente
Desorden // Emerging bands // BAR 1
Moral Distraída // // ORIXAS
Golosa la Orquesta // // Thelonious Lugar de Jazz
Planeta No // acoustic performance // Tienda Música Chilena
Cholomandinga // // Bar Rebelion
Los Santiaguinos // Cueca // El Huaso Enrique
- Even more live music:
Click here for additional live music on Friday
- Groove and Flavor 003: This Friday, Heineken presents an exclusive evening with ARAPU. Only 350 people will be able to enter this event, so get there early and catch one of the many opening shows; Including Jack Mosqueira and a few others!
- Trainspotting: Trainspotting comes to Santiago, this Friday; with an eccentric slogan and the promise of a wild party. There will be two floors primed for those of you into Depeche Mode, New Order, Joy Division, The Smiths, etc. Arrive early and get a souvenir.
- Barbado: This Friday, Barbado is throwing an indie dance party...Meaning, indie hits intertwined with electro-pop from the 70's 80's and 90's. An interesting combination, but just may be worth a visit!
- Spring Breeze: A party to honor the end of the winter chill, and the arrival of Spring. What better way to celebrate than with 2 for 1 specials, and free champagne for the ladies, until one am. HipHop, Funk, Soul, Reggae and Breakbeats.
- Disco Eterno: Who doesn't enjoy a thowback to the 90's? Head over to Vitacura this Friday, for a 90's dance party! Reserve your spot online!
- Perreame Suavecito: Or if you're looking for just an alternative, crazy dance night, drop by Bar Mala Vida. Just take a look at the flyer and you'll get the idea.
Fondazo // 5 zones, 20 DJs // Ex Fabrica
Dave Seaman // Hotel Radisson
The Meeting // EDM // Hotel W
Lanzamiento Zoom // Mosaicafe, Vitacura
Viernes #breakout // // Candelaria Bar
- More DJ parties:
Click here for additional DJ parties on Friday
- La ultima inocencia: Dance Company Balmaceda Young Art is hosting the premiere of the play "The last innocence" directed by a choreographer Andres Cardenas with Roberto Parra. The work is inspired by the life and work of the Argentinian poet Alejandra Pizarnik.
- Nacer: Under the writing and direction of Diego Agurto Beroiza, the play explores the problems of impoverishment of labor, the human body and the power that medicine has over the body. The work invites us to take a look at a reflection on the current economic system and how it affects the relationship between our bodies.
- Otras: Through simple elements and moments of biting humor, the three actresses on stage share the historical facts and fiction in a dynamic that invites us to look at a web of relationships and social practices which are based on the domination of the male over the female.
- La Noche de los Pelícanos: The play tells the story of a mayor and her assistant, in the midst of absolute crisis of the Municipality of San Antonio. They are in search of a way to recover the lost votes to be able to win reelection. A junior student offers an idea to organize the biggest carnival in the region: Night of the pelicans. The project becomes the perfect solution to clean the image of the candidate, but her only source of funding is in the hands of the most dangerous drug lord of the central coast, a situation that will force an exchange that will take her desire of power to the limits of a senseless tragedy.
- La Comadre Lola: The story by Alejandro Sieveking tells us the story of La Comadre Lola and her attempts to save her business. The situation will test ties and affections of the people who accompanied her for years and Lola will be faced with interesting decisions. This staging is characterized as being agile, fun, where you can enjoy various modes and customs of our tender and mischievous Chile. A work full of games entanglements and misunderstandings and where love and loyalty wins.
- More theater:
Click here for additional theater on Friday
- Esencia Cocina: The Huemul neighborhood in Barrio Franklin is definitely a hidden gem, with historic buildings and a renovated theater that has recently been putting on special event after special event. This Friday they're hosting a food festival with live music, children's theater, chefs and over 70 stands. You can thank us later.
- Milonga al aire libre: Tango fans out there? Grab your dancing shoes and head over to Plaza Ñuñoa for this open-air milonga starting at 6PM. FYI: they're also looking for people interested in being part of organizing committee.
- Encuentro de malabarismo: If you're up for enjoying the weather outdoors but would rather hang out on the grass instead of climb a mountain, drop by Plaza Ñuñoa for this street juggling meetup. This is actually quite popular and a great excuse to hangout, maybe take one of the free workshops and make new friends.
- Fiesta Nacional del Vinilo: Vinyl heads! Centro Cultural La Moneda is hosting a National Vinyl Party - pick up some records, check out the live music or browse the exhibition featuring classic vinyl from Chile's past.
- Derbyciocho: Know about the roller derby scene in Santiago? Find out a little bit more (and have a blast) over at San Joaquin this Saturday for their dieciochera-style party.
- Fiesta de la luna llena: Third edition of the full moon party going over at Cajon del Maipo! Enjoy the full moon under the stars at the Cascada de Animas. Tickets are CLP$10.000 with funds going to the "No Alto Maipo" campaign.
- 10 años ONACIU: Our friends over at ONACIU are celebrating their 10-year anniversary with a fest over at Teatro La Cúpula. The Ganjas, Tunacola, Lilits, Mauricio Redoles, and more. Party starts at 5PM and ends tomorrow at 4:30AM.
- Entrega 2015: Centro Leñería in Ñuñoa is hosting an afternoon devoted to bicycles. Fair, workshop and film screening. Bicycle parking is not available. Just kidding.
- La noche de la crónica rosa: El Chancho Seis in Barrio Yungay is your destination of the night if you're up for a literary outing that's off-the-beaten-path.
- Feria a mano: The historic colonial house Casa de los Diez is hosting a fair this weekend. Music, food, art and free entry. 11AM until 8PM.
Feria la Repostera // Pastry fair! // Casa Piedra
Casa Pirata // Underground hip-hop // Ñuñoa
Santa Feria 5 // Design and Illustration Fair // Centro El Cerro
Evas Inmorales 2.0 // Women's poetry night // La Sede Restobar
Bazar de muebles // Looking for furniture? // El Secreto
Minicon 2015 // Action figures, games, and more // Biblioteca de Santiago
Maiputerror // Tattoo Expo // Maipú
Espiral de hierbas medicinales // Workshop! // Bellavista
Encuentro Capoeira // Capoeira event // Gimnasio Municipal Los Heroes
La máquina de hacer pájaros // Literary event // Café del Autor
Vangard Espacioculto // // Barrio Concha y Toro
Urban Art SCL Tour // Graffiti tour // Centro Gabriela Mistral
- Even more special events:
Click here for additional special events on Saturday
- Sonora 5 Estrellas: With an awesome lineup including Ana Tijoux, Sonora Malecón, Chumbekes, and more, we're sure this party is going to be good. Chilean band, Sonora 5 Estrellas invites you to this Saturday night event which will be held at the Municipal Gym of Conchali.
- BBS Paranoicos vs Subradical: Hard Rock fans, come check out BBS Paranoicos and Subradical, two Hardcore-Punk bands straight out of Santiago, as they play back to back for a night of head-banging fun!
- Patricio Cáceres: Chilean singer, Patricio Cáceres returns after a break from live shows with this performance at Sala SCD Bellavista. It will be the first opportunity to hear his new material and enjoy his collaboration with both national and international musicians!
- Noche de samba: Any Samba fans out there? This one's for you! Bellavista's Esquina de Samba will be hosting a party celebrating the famous Brazilian music. Come dance the night away and have yourself a few Caipirinhas!
- Musica clásica de India: Classical Indian music in Santiago? Who knew? Come see Gabriel Feller on sitar joined by Francisco San Miguel on tabla at La Fraternal.
- Club Matadero: You're either extremely lucky or have been checking our agenda frequently if you managed to snag tickets for this one. This is going to be a crazy awesome party but the tickets sold out in about 35 minutes.
Los Pata e Cumbia // Final party venue birthday celebration // BATUTA
Weichafe // Revolver-favorite! // Sala SCD Plaza Vespucio
Como asesinar a felipes // Another Revolver-favorite! // El Clan
Los Minerales, Julian Peña y los pájaros // // Bar Loreto
Martina Lecaros // // Thelonious Lugar de Jazz
Música y resistencia // // Teatrocinema
Tributo a Silvio Rodriguez // // Bar La Trova
Volador & Cocodrilo Rockers // // 35mm Bar-Restaurant
Voy y vuelvo // // Comercio Atletico, Calle San Diego 1130
Dolores Capital // // Humano Bar
Ciclo Incendiario // Emerging bands // Bar Uno
- Even more live music:
Click here for additional live music on Saturday
- Celebrity city of lights: If you have an passion for fashion, you may find yourself at the Celebrity this Saturday night, for the Captur Renault Fashion Show. Purchase tickets in advance or at the door!
- Welcome back: 99 Revolucion returns this Saturday night, with a party that will only allow 350 people through the door. You can't reserve your spot online, so arrive early to avoid being turned away.
- Moonloop: BYOB to the barnyard bash across the tracks. This Saturday, MoonLoop has arranged quite the line-up of DJ's for the party in Exposicion,
- Realidad Paralela: Our favorite lesbian-friendly dance party is back after a brief break. A party complete with laser shows and surprise performances. Head over early to avoid price increases throughout the night.
- Piquito Prenda: An event exclusively for those under 20 years old. Beginning at 15:00, 2.000 CLP will get you in the door, to party until 21:00.
Sesión '90 // // Ex-Oz
80's nights // // Club Eve, Av. Vitacura 5480, Vitacura
Modo ultra old school // // Bal Le Duc
Tonosepia & phillipe truan // // Candelaria Bar
- More DJ parties:
Click here for additional DJ parties on Saturday
Theater and dance
- Lambda: Lambda is a staging of contemporary dance, directed by a Chilean choreographer Marcela Ortíz de Zárate, who works in collaboration with the French musician Jean Louis Carlotti, and a Chilean photographer Susana Ruiz Pizarro. Live music and montage are part of the staging.
- El libro de Ojiisan: Witness a trip to the East, where movement, manipulation of objects, lights and sound will give life to the immaterial.
- Weichan: Set in the southern part of Chile, a jury must determine the guilt or innocence of an accused young Mapuche in the murder of his adoptive father (an important Chilean businessman in the south).
- El loco y la triste: The play features a meeting of two marginal characters: Eva, a prostitute full of frustrations, and Huinca, a drunk on the brink of death. They share their life experiences spicing up the stories with comic overtones and deep moments of honesty that defend the dignity of the dispossessed.
- Don Manu en la luna: Remind yourself how beautiful it is to have the eyes of a child and come share with Mati, Nico, Mrs. Mary Juliet and Don Manu in this fun and simple story. Mati and Nico, two children of 8 years of age are friends and are fortunate to be neighbors. They get together to play during the day and every night the grandmother of one of them, Mrs. Mary Juliet, tells wonderful stories. This time she starts to tell them about a man named Manu who lives on the moon, and little by little the kids discover it's real.
- Inocentes: "Innocents" is the adaptation of the play "Victims and Perpetrators" by the German playwright Thomas Jonigk.
The play is about family pedophilia and features two teenagers in a playground with no time or space, just a blank surface where they develop endless memories under the sarcastic look of others. The teens play with different characters, developing them to great lengths and crudely exposing the sexual abuse they suffered from their parents.
- Even more theater:
Click here for additional performances on Saturday
- Expo Feria Mujeres Emprendedoras Indígenas: Sunday's the final day to check out the Indigenous Fair happening in Providencia's Parque Bustamante. The fair is featuring women entrepreneurs and is an excellent opportunity to pick up some authentic, unique products and support the indigenous communities. Artisan crafts, jewelry, ethnic clothing, food, music and more. A bit of a carnival at 6PM.
- Fiesta de la Cueca: There's a major cueca party taking place this Sunday from 2PM until 8PM. Over 11 bands and definitely worth checking out if the weather actually holds up. Take a handkerchief and if it starts to rain, head to the theater for the food festival (Esencia cocina - listed below).
- #4VYO: Cafe Utopia in Barrio Lastarria is hosting a special prequel to the "Cuatro Veces Yo" exhibit which involves four contemporary painters. Live music will be played, paintings will be sold, and wine will be served.
- Chile Lindo: Final day to catch Vitacura's "Chile Lindo" event over at Parque Bicentenario. Activities for the kids, a petting zoo, traditional Chilean activities, and performances. Keep an eye on the weather though..
- Dread Mar I: If you are looking for chill vibes to top off your weekend, look no further. Dread Mar I, an Argentinian reggae group, will be playing at Teatro Caupolican this Sunday evening. Dread Mar I combines reggae beats with his classic, smooth voice, culminating in feel good music that is sure to leave you bobbing your head in content.
- Esencia cocina: Food fair! If the weather gets dreary on Sunday, make up for it by checking out some of the stands over at the Teatro Huemul in Barrio Franklin.
- Capítulos de Invierno: Capítulos de invierno offers participants a chance to have a more interactive learning experience, encouraging conscious art and music in an educational space. The event will include the bands Naves, La Banda Misma, and La Ciencia Simple, as well as the DJ DNGO and the soloist Andres J. Barquin. If you are interested in the process of musical production and would like to influence the musical world, this event is a great way to work with like-minded artists and offer up your own opinions.
- Fiesta Nacional del Vinilo: For the music fans! Check out the final day of Centro Cultural La Moneda's vinyl fest. Live music, records, even an exhibition.
Feria Friki Tiki-ti: Yes, that's "freaky fair." Maybe pick up some action figures, find that My Little Pony sticker you've been searching for, etc. It's here.
- Feria Plaza Yungay: Plaza Yungay is your spot again this Sunday if you're up for hanging out with friends, drinking a beverage or two, and checking out all the random stuff for sale. And scratch all of that if it rains.
- Lanzamiento Joia Magazine 39: Up for a magazine launch party? Joia Magazine is releasing edition #39 in Ñuñoa.
- Feria a mano: Free fair featuring music, food and art from 11AM until 8PM at the Casa de los Diez in the heart of Santiago Centro.
- Iron & Wine: This Sunday Studio Esterio presents the indie band Iron & Wine at Ex-Oz. Heavily influenced by Southern Folk music, Iron & Wine produces beautiful, calming music that is an absolute must-see live. Whether you are an avid fan or are just now hearing the name for the first time, Iron & Wine is sure to be an unforgettable show.
- Bicinema: If you have a bike or can get your hands on one, head over early to the Cafe Literario in Parque Bustamante for this special event that mixes film, history and biking. Explore interesting parts of the city associated with documentary "La Ciudad de los Fotógrafos" and wind up at a theater checking out the film. Cool
- The Beat Band Trilogia: Feeling a little nostalgic for the 1960s British Invasion? We've got just the cure for you. This Sunday at 4pm, The Beat Band, a Chilean Beatle's tribute band will be playing at Sala Master, Radio Universidad de Chile in show two of their concert trilogy. The show will cover music from 1965-1967, including the albums Rubber Soul, Yesterday and Today, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and Magical Mystery Tour.
Tango nuevo y café // Live art and tango // Av Italia
25 años de Cafe Brazil // // Cafe Brazil
Feria la Repostera // Pastry Fair // Casa Piedra
Preestreno // Film screening // Cine Arte Normandie
Flashday // tattoo event // Condell 1653
Feria Eco Mama // Ecological fair for parents // Centro Arte Alameda
Fencingmob15 // // Centro Cultural Gabriela Mistral
Eco Emporio Primaveral // Ecological fair // Villa Vida natural
- Even more special events:
Click here for additional special events on Sunday
And remember to check out our agenda for a list of events happening every day in Santiago: http://www.agendarevolver.cl
Did we miss anything? Let us know!